Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Plan of Attack: INFOGRAPHIC / DATA VISUALIZATION

The subject I want for my INFOGRAPHIC / DATA VISUALIZATION project is going to either be endagered species population or oil spill history. I have a few ideas for the visual representation for each. One for oil spill history one would be ships titled S.S. "XXXX" (XXXX being the year). From a crack of the hull would leak oil varying on how many spills occurred that year. For the endangered species I would want to find a species who's population continues to dwindle and dwindle more and more. I would have vector icons of this animal that would represent a certain number of the population. I would have the icons put into a circle to form a ring. Each ring closer to the center of the circle represents a more current time period and a lesser population.

No comments:

Post a Comment